Product Information T45 Steel Tube
For stocking details, please contact us
Bs4T45-Bs4T100 is a high strength, high yield seamless steel tube that was designed for the aero industry. This tube was used in the manufacture of aeroplanes such as the Spitfire, and has been used for many years.
- The usual methods of welding are brazing and TIG welding. If MIG is used, stress-relieving processes may be needed.
- Ultimate Tensile Strength:
- 700-900N/mm2 = 45/58 ton f/in2
- Other Mechanical Properties:
- 0.2% proof stress, minimum 620N/mm2 = 40 ton minimum
Please note, this information is to be used as a guide only, for more specific information please call us on 02 4577 7769
|Typical Mechanical Properties|
|Tensile Strength (ksi)||80|
|Yield Point (ksi)||70|
|Elongation (% in 2")||15|
|Typical Chemical Analysis|
|C||.15 - .25|
|Mn||.30 - .60|